Professor of Superconducting Engineering
Head of Department
BSc, Warwick University, 1983
PhD, Warwick University, 1987
MA, Cambridge University, 1995
ScD, Cambridge University, 2014
DSc, Warwick University, 2015
Tel: +44 1223 332617
Fax: +44 1223 339263
David Cardwell is Professor of Superconducting Engineering and Co-Director of the KACST-Cambridge Research Centre. He is also Head of the Engineering Department. Under Prof. Cardwell's leadership the Bulk Superconductor research group at Cambridge works on the processing and applications of bulk high temperature superconductors, which can be used to generate very high magnetic fields. He has authored over 330 technical papers and patents. Professor Cardwell has been a Fellow of Fitzwilliam College since 1993. He is actively involved in the recruitment of overseas undergraduates for the sciences, and particularly from the Far East.
You can see a list of Prof. Cardwell's publications in the Department Publication Database.
- Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering
- Fellow of the Institute of Physics
- Fellow of the IET
National and International Offices
- Treasurer of the European Society for Applied Superconductivity.
- Member of the Editorial Board of International Materials Reviews
- Member of the Advisory Board of Superconductor Science and Technology
- International Advisory Board of the conference EUCAS'13